Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine's "natural" or un-paid ("organic") search results.
- Analyze a Site
- What is your site about? (Dead Sea Moisturizer)
- Who is your target audience? (Customers and Distributors)
- What is your main source of income? (Distributors)
- How much traffic is your site getting?
- What is the Alexa Traffic Rank? (http://www.alexa.com)
- Google Keyword Planner (adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner)
- What is your Google PageRank? (Search “Google PageRank Checker Tool”)
- About how many & what types of backlinks do you have? (Search “Backlink Checker Tool”)
- On-Site Optimization
- Please make a list of possible keywords your clientele might type into Google to find what you offer. Type one keyword phrase per line, single-spaced, with no commas.
- e. Dead Sea Products, Dead Sea Product, Products Dead Sea, Dead Sea Moisturizer, Best Moisturizer, Best Quality Moisturizer, Affordable Moisturizer, L’Oreal Moisturizer, Lancôme Moisturizer, Premiere Moisturizer, Foot Care Cream, Nail Care Kit
Google Keyword Planner (adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner)
Compare Global Monthly Searches versus Competition (Search: allintitle “Keyword Phrase”)
Buyer Keywords and Phrases
- keywords that people use when they are close to making a buying decision
- use these in your content to increase conversions and make more sales
- avoid using vague keywords with no buyer intent that people use when just browsing for information
Buyer Keyword Examples
- Bargain (product)
- Best price for (product)
- Buy (product) online
- Buy (product) with credit card
- Buy (product) with paypal
- Cheap (product)
- Budget (product)
- Coupon code for [product
- Discount (product)
- Discount code
- Get (product)
- Low priced (product)
- Where can i buy (product)
- Where can i buy (product)
<title>Keyword Phrases used within Copywriting</title>
<meta name="description" content="Seacret Direct distributes high-end Dead Sea Products. Make money in your spare time Today! (323) 529-3233" />
No longer helpful in SEO.
Heading Tags - <h1>This is heading 1</h1> <h2>This is heading 2</h2>
Alt Image Attributes - <img src="seacret.jpg" alt="Seacret Direct Skincare" />
Bold, Italics, Underline, Capitalization
<i>Italic text</i> <b>Bold text</b> <u>underline</u>
Internal Links- Menus, Footer Menu, Site Index
URL - keyword.com or www.sitename.com/keyword.html
Content - Menu Titles, Bullet List, Larger Text
- Submit your URL
- Backlinks – How many and what type of websites are linking to your website
- Local Directories - Yahoo Local, Yellow Pages, Citysearch, Google Local, Bing Local, DMOZ.org
- Social Bookmarking – delicious, stumble upon
- Quality, Original Article submission to relevant, quality blogs
- Press release – Prweb, marketwire, prnewswire.com
- Other Examples – Forums, Product Indexes, Friends, Link Bait (DO NOT use black hat tactics)
- create an improved version of an existing article in your niche that currently has a lot of quality backlinks
- ask site owners of those backlinking sites to link to your new, improved version of that article
- Broken Backlink Building
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider that will allow you to detect broken links
- Find sites related to your industry/niche
- export the root domains and upload them into Screaming frog.
- Allow Screaming Frog to spider the pages on the URLs you have uploaded and then look for 404 pages on these sites.
- Export the list of 404 pages and enter them into a back link checking tool like Open Site Explorer.
- “Research backlinks, find link-building opportunities and discover potentially damaging links with Open Site Explorer.”
- now make a list of people who are linking to a non-existent page.
- Guest Posting
Google search for sites to write for. Search:
- (Keyword) submit news
- (Keyword) become a guest blogger
- (Keyword) guest posts wanted
- (Keyword) guest poster wanted
- (Keyword) accepting guest posts
- (Keyword) articles wanted
- (Keyword) become guest writer
- (Keyword) become a contributor
- (Keyword) submit article
- (Keyword) write for us
- (Keyword) guest post opportunities
- (Keyword) this is a guest post by
- (Keyword) contributing writer
- (Keyword) contribute to our site
- (Keyword) submit content
- (Keyword) submit post
- (Keyword) guest post courtesy of
- (Keyword) guest posting guidelines
Search for sites others have posted on by searching for:
- (Keyword) my posts on other blogs
- (Keyword) guest post
- (Keyword) my guest posts
- (Keyword) my guest blogs
- (Keyword) posts on other blogs
- (Keyword) I’ve been featured on
- (Keyword) sites I’ve written for
- (Keyword) guest posting sites
- (Keyword) accept guest posts
- (Keyword) guest post sites
Submit to only Quality Sites
- authoritative link profile
- related to your industry
- high quality content
- High Alexa traffic rank
Pick a Topic
- Write for their audience
- Look for outdated articles on their site you can replace
- Write on topics within their industry
- Write about topics they have not covered
- Follow any posting guidelines on their site
Give people something useful, entertaining, interactive, or all of the above.
- create on-site content that is original, interesting and offers value.
- Get ideas what to write about - see what is trending and shared
- research a keyword to find out what content people are sharing the most.
- build your own update, article or video on a topic that is popular & has a better chance of overall engagement.
- See your competition and track how others use social media.
Engage Potential Sites
- Engage, interact or Complement owners of potential sites on their social media accounts (i.e., Twitter, Facebook)
- E-mail Template
Promote your blog content
- search for the primary keywords/topics
- Review list of pages with related content.
- find sites likely to link to newly created content
- Majestic.com can be used to identify websites linking to similar content.
- Search a Keyword
- View Articles with External Backlinks
- Goto Tools, Site Explorer and Paste URL
- View List of Backlinks
- Run those pages through a backlink checker tool to find a list of sites linking
- Enter those External Backlinking sites into a spreadsheet
- find a contact name and email for each site.
- Repeat until the lists have at dozens or even hundreds (100-200) contacts of possible sites to backlink
E-mail Backlinking Sites
- Create a basic email template that allows for quick customization for each request.
- send out an email to each person on the list created
- When sending out link request emails, they always want to know how it benefits them.
- Always include how it benefits them
- offering original, high-value content,
- Exclusive, original infographics they can use
- guest blog post
- broken link corrections
- Reciprocal link
- Social Media Share
- How-to Article for their audience
- Typo corrections
- endorsing them on social media
- providing a testimonial
LEARN the NEW Backlinking Strategies and exactly how to get them including broken backlink building, skyscaper, guest posting and MORE in the SEO Update Tutorial.
Disavow Tool for backlinks
- incoming links can affect Google’s opinion of a page or site.
- you or a search engine optimizer (SEO) you’ve hired may have built bad links to your site via paid links or other link schemes that violate our quality guidelines.
- First remove as many spammy or low-quality links from the web as possible.
- You can disavow the remaining links. In other words, you can ask Google not to take certain links into account when assessing your site.
List of Review Sites
Encourage your customers to publish reviews on:
self-publishing platforms/Web 2.0 Blogs
Directory Backlink Sites
- Blog Directory Submission:
More SEO Backlinks Types
- Chamber of Commerce – Your local chamber should have a member directory
- Sign up and join the BBB.
- Sponsor an event or non-profit and ask for a backlink
- Create a genuine, authentic Press Release through a trusted company
–Google “Press Release Syndication”
- Ask from a link from Business affiliates and suppliers you buy from
- Write a testimonial for another company and have a link back to your site from the testimonial
- Social Media Profiles: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
Press release syndication
Link Directory submission
- “add url”
- “submit site”
- list of do follow blogs
- keywordluv, commentluv blogs
- same niche, quality blogs
- message and ask nice informal and chatty email explain why your site is useful for their visitors
- blogs favorite sites box
Have Associates Help
- Manufacturer Websites
- Company affiliates
- Technical Dictionary
- Glossary Directory
- Find your competitor’s backlinks and them to link to you too
- Yahoo Local
- Yellow Pages
- Google Local
- Bing Local
- Regular/Active User
- Yelp Application
- How to deal with Bad Reviews
Black-hat SEO: Ways to get BANNED from Google
- Keyword Stuffing
- Off screen Text
- Text the same color as the background
- Automated Programs
- USE at your own RISK!!!
- SEnuke, Xrumer, Article Marketing Robot, Article Demon, Bookmarking Demon, Scrape Box